Thursday, December 3, 2009

So take me as You find me, all my fears and failures, fill my life again. I give my life to follow, everything I believe in. And now I believe in. Savior, He can move a mountain, my God, He is mighty to save (Mighty to Save by Hillsong United).

While I should be doing other things this first Thursday of 'Happy Birthday Jesus month,' I find myself not yet in the 'writing zone' for researching and writing about the "Great Death" that created deep lifetime wounds in Alaskan Native peoples.

Instead, I will let the words tumble out of my fingers instead.

I will live for You....no One else will do..I will live for you always...

And all You ever do, is change the old for new...we believe that the God we love is bigger than the air we breathe, God will save the day and all will say, 'my glorious, my glorious,....Glory, Glory, send Your Glory!! (My Glorious by Passion).

By grace, You let me come and talk to You...I thank You Jesus for the love that I have shown...of the words in all of my life that could never explain that never describe, all of my love, which is nothing to hide, so i lift up my hands and worship You...(All the Words by Kutless)

Funny, I find that I have not many words of my own to share this night, and how okay this is. I ask, must we always have something to say? There is such power in observations alone. I think about how Jesus must have observed often as he walked and lived among the people, who would later turn against Him. Were there words in the garden on the evening Roman soldiers took Him and Simon Peter in his anger took off an ear?

Strength will rise when we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, strength will rise when we wait upon the Lord...our God, You will reign forever...You are the everlasting God, You do not faint, You will not grow weary, You are the defender of the weak, You lift us up on wings like Eagles....(Everlasting God, by Cris Tomlin).

I remember when I first heard this song, 'strength will rise when we wait upon the Lord,' but Lord, how impatient I am and still now I want answers just as fast as I did when living in North Carolina and hearing this song in Chapel. Oh, we are fickle people who forget that God does not use a time line like the 'The Western World' is accustomed to.

And yet, what I first realized in 2004 when on the Yukon, is that often our trip included the element of 'hurry up and wait.' Oh, there are elements of humor to this in our lives now. How often are we 'hurrying up' to get to be the first to the traffic light, to only wait 20 seconds more than the car behind us. Even in Alaska, I like to be the 'front car' when driving at times.

If anything tonight, I am reminded that my timing is perfect when I am in union with His timing, therefore I must continue to incorporate patience in my daily life. Ugh, really? "Yes, Sister E, the need for patience applies to you too!!"

Sister E

No comments:

Post a Comment