Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sabbath Morning

I woke this morning to a dull pain in my head and found myself in a zombie like state until Vick's Vapor Rub and Mr. Musinex came to the rescue. Three of our sisters are here at the Abbey on this Sabbath day.

Sisters C and M are out, praising Jesus with others as Sisters KD, K and myself make breakfast of french toast and garlic induced scrambled eggs. The morning sun seeps through our upstairs window and our wood stove continues to pour out heat. Good thing too, since by tomorrow night the mercury will dip down to 30 below!

Sabbath rest, in it's many forms, is amazing and wonderful. How we are able to praise the One who loves us throughout all of our lives in the simplest of times. The trees outside are dusted in fine lines of white snow which glimmer in new day sun.

"Glory, Glory, Hallelujah" Sister K exclaims as she beckons me to make the Sabbath eggs since our french toast is done.

So, I must now attend to culinary arts and bid all good day and happy Sabbath Day.

Sister E

No comments:

Post a Comment